Beowulf

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooky70

This story is based on old Anglo Saxon poem and basically follows the hero, Beowulf and his sizable ego, in the battle against the beast Grindal and its mother.

This film is rated 12A. I think because its animated, if it were a movie proper, it would be a 15. There are scenes that I would have been uncomfortable for a young child to see due to fairly graphic violence and sexual content.

The story is OK. What makes this a must see is the animation - if you have seen Final Fantasy its that good and then some. Angelina Jolie is one of the characters, and you really need to concentrate as times to see that its animated and not her!

Apparently in some places it can be seen in 3D. That would really need to be seen!

Go see it, but not with your kids the first time round!

Spooky70 said:
Angelina Jolie is one of the characters, and you really need to concentrate as times to see that its animated and not her!

Other than the fact that (I would guess) the real Angelina Jolie comes equipped with nipples and a pussy - all of which are missing from the CGI version of her. Makes her seem a bit pointless as a sex goddess really ;)

I saw the movie on Saturday.

The main problems I had with it were the somewhat fugitive accents - all-purpose Norse. Obviously nobody had decided what Old Norse sounded like so the settled for an adapted 'Swedish Chef' overlayed with a lot of Welsh. A bit like the infamous Mummerset-shire accent used by townie actors to signify 'rural peasant'

The CGI is astounding, but you do find yourself watching the production values rather than the plot.

But, having missed the entire LOTR cannon myself then an hour and a bit of mindless Swords & Sorcery was well worth the entrance price - even if my thoughts of choosing Angelina as my luxury object on THE desert island have all been shattered.

Back