Best rust killer / underseal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starfire27

Hi,

Going to start applying rust protection to my arches sills e.t.c as the bad weather has brought a few bubbles of rust through here and there.

Just wanted to know what the best solution was? I know Waxoyl is a good rust killer so would that and then a coat of under-seal do the trick? Or is there a easy one coat solution?

A black finish to go with the car would be preferred!

Looked at lots of threads on this and everyone used something different :shock:

Thanks

Waxoyl is more of an interior rust proofer, for inside the sills and other crevices. Underseal would be best for the outside as its more hard wearing and resistant to stone chipping and weathering etc.

Bilt hamber come well recommended for their rustproofing though, may be worth googling them and having a look. :wink:

Agree, Bilt Hamber. Their Hydrate 80 is a good rust killer & barrier system (dries up a dull greyish colour - ish ish...lol) and you could then also cover that with Dynax UB which is an alternative to Waxoyl (I believe)...and it's black which is a bonus for you....lol, but not sure what the finish of it - the UB - is like as I ain't used mine yet. IIRC there may be a newer product to the UB but I think it's still sold so a little perusing of their website may be in order ;)

Both can be bought off the Bilt Hamber website which in my experience is also one of the cheapest so saves shopping around for it.

I've just sanded both my arches back and treated both sides to a coat of POR15, this stuff dries hard and stops water getting to the panels.

starfire27 said:
Hydrate 80 looks good would I be best covering it with some spray on underseal after?

It can't harm as that's what I intended to do with the Dynax stuff but I never got round to it as I put the car back together while the Hydrate was drying so didn't get round to stripping the bits I'd done to put on the overseal.

Back