Big BMW

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIIVVX

I just spent the back end of last week at the BMW Academy and Brand Centre down near Reading.

My next job in the pipeline is a couple of weeks training BMW sales staff on the corporate line for the big three 7 Series, 6 Series and 5 Series Grand Touring, so this was my 'education'.

I have never been much of a BMW fan, and have no previous experience of these models, but it must be said that they are pretty bloody impressive.

Beautifully engineered, and genuinely designed primarily for the driver, even if the 7 in particular is often chauffeur-driven. Now that the crown for 'Motorway Fast Lane Twat' has passed to Audi I may have to revise my opinion on BMW

My favourite bit of kit? The night vision on the HUD. It can identify a human or animal in total darkness beyond the range of the headlights. Perfect for the all-in-black cyclists with no rear lights or reflectors that we all know and love.

Regrettably they haven't supplied me with a 7 Series for the gig. :-(

I love the look of the six and seven series. As for the Five GT, I have no idea what all that's about.

Always liked the 7 series, namely cause my dad has a had about 4 of them. And let me drive them :D

Not driven the new ones though, sure he will have a nice invite to a bmw event soon though.

The 5 GT is actually a form of SUV / estate. Designed for people who need a lot of rear seat space or load carrying space.

Not a pretty piece of kit though.

Back