Bilstein b8 and eibach pro kit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo Zaga

Hello guys, hope a great day to everyone, in my puma i have the monroe standard suspensions with an h&r -30 springs kit, and its very fun but too much hard and the puma can't do its best, and i want to change this suspensions, i'm watching to an AP adjustable coilovers kit for the puma, and i think its good, but a workshop guy tells me that the best suspensions setup is bilstein b8, and the eibach pro kit (i don't known if It is available today for the puma) and i haven't any ideas of this setup anyone had test this? Because the AP are adjustable but bilstein and pro kit are not, anyone have any idea? Thanks to all :wink:

I've seen the bilstein b6 kit advertised but nothing on the b8 for the puma at least. I'm planning on going for the b6 kit sometime in the new year.

What I will say is fitting the bilstein kit won't soften things down any, it will still be a harder than standard ride especially with a 30mm drop. And coil overs will be even harsher.

Thanks! I think so too, for you the AP adjustable coilovers are better than bilstein? Because with the bilstein for me the situation are the same that i have now.. :eek: (i say the AP because are the only coilovers that i found in italy) or if you know i see the gaz coilovers but i found it in overseas, and it requires much time than the ap

I had the Weitec Hicon GT coilovers - more forgiving than the AP coilovers I was told (by someone who had both). I found them perfect & felt no difference in ride comfort from standard but handling "felt" better although I'm not a racing driver so who knows :drive: :lol:

Not sure if you can buy anymore as the place I got them either didn't stock them anymore or actually went bust. Can't remember exactly but know someone was asking about them only a few weeks/months back.

No idea about the Bilstein ones, sorry. :(

Hi I have bilstein b8 dampers with h+r -30mm lowering springs match with shorter drop links 205mm instead of 238mm and also Powerflex purple bush full kit and this setup improves the handling a lot but still smooth over bumps/pot holes. Though I would recommend not having the poly kit as that makes the most difference in ride harshness and my car is road use only.

Thanks a lot for share your experience :wink: i'm considering the bilstein b14 adjustable coilovers, but i don't know if It is good :?:

Coilovers are always going to be a stiffer setup than lowering springs with match damper, so if you want the benifits of adjustable ride height then go coilovers but it if you plan to fit and forget then lowering springs with uprated damper give a better ride for road use. That said there are sports dampers that have adjustable damping like spax psx suspension kit. One thing i will say is do your reserch on coilovers as even though most manufacturers say their suitable for road use alot of them arent.

Latest posts

Back