Black trim?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom B

so what do you guys use to keep the puma's black window trim looking healthy and new? Mine are currently a dull black with some mouldy crap growing on them :( Its letting my car down :cry:

What do you guys use to keep them looking shiney?

cheers!

Give them a good scrub with some APC and a detailing brush (the brush that comes with WonderWheels is good, just make sure it's clean!

Then spray ome more APC onto a cloth and scrub like mad (cloth will probably go black!)

Dry off, then Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel looks the nuts. Small amount on a cloth, rub in, then buff off after about 10 minutes.

I used chenical guys bug n tar remover. (4 capfulls in a bucket of water) washed the whole car with it putting no real effort in anywhere n notice when rinsed off n dried that it looked much better.

Some of this
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/poorboys-trim-restorer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I use turtle wax - black in a flash 0 inly need the smallest of drops

other than that sometimes I just use wax - does the same job really :)

auto glym bumper care, you notice all the dirt it takes off on the cloth!

5461815541_3af853a002_b.jpg

5461663317_d15a2a53b5_b.jpg

both with chemical guys new look trim gel. It does run after a few weeks though, so best to seal it in with wax, then you get
5461806311_1e93e93a44_b.jpg

Poorboys Trim Restorer

Wing mirror plastic 50/50
Wingmirror5050.jpg

After (buffed)
Wingmirrorafter.jpg

Rear window seal before
Sealbefore.jpg

50/50 (not buffed for more shiny finish)
Seal5050.jpg

Forgot to get one of the whole seal

I've not really kept note tbh, it doesn't run when it rains and I just give it a top up when I'm waxing etc... probably 2 - 3 months?!

Its not sticky which is a bonus as well.

It can be used on the interior as well :) Oh and it smells goooood :D

as i am a car valeter we know all the tricks.
i use cherry sheen silicon spray. is top notch stuff or if u can get ur hands on some tyre black rubber treatment it is jst as gud for the rubber strips its simp[ly jst paint or rub on an the finish should last easily a month in all weather conditions :grin: the cherry sheen can also br used on all your interior plastics

Latest posts

Back