boot interior light not working

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash1502

the interior light in my boot is no longer working. i have replaced the bulb.
i did a quick voltage check along both lines to a earth and got no voltage. i tried to bypass the earth and that did not work either.
i looked in the handbook and there is not a fuse listed to the boot interior light. all my other interior lights work fine.
does anyone know where the fuse is for the boot interior light, or know where to start looking?

I'm no expert but you might want to check the boot light switch
I think this is it, check for the connector being broken or knocked off

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14286&p=182677&hilit=boot+light+switch#p182677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On second thoughts this picture might just be for the boot open warning light, but a switch in the rear boot panel area is what I think you should look for next. Fuse wise you have two fuse boxes one under the bonnet and one to the right of the steering column but I dont know if theres a fuse for it.

Open the boot and to the right of the catch, you will see 4 copper contacts. The boot light uses the firthest right of these contacts (it protrudes higher than the rest). Pushing this end contact down switches the light off and it should spring back up to turn the light on.

May be a good idea to remove these contacts (the whole black part) and check connections on the bottom.

I think it should be on the same fuse as the interior lighting....

Yep AFAIK they all had them fitted. Looking in it's on the right hand side under the plastic trim, some times they can fall down the side of the carpet. Or in the case of FRP 0201 a previous owner had cut the light off and just tucked the wires down the side so I bought a new light and soldered it back on, fitted it back in place and it worked ever since.

so my best bet is to check the connector that goes onto the tailgate latch / lock.

Ash1502 said:
so my best bet is to check the connector that goes onto the tailgate latch / lock.
That connector is not for the interior boot light.
As I posted before, it is on the set of contacts to the RIGHT of the boot latch/lock!
topmansparkie said:
Open the boot and to the right of the catch, you will see 4 copper contacts. The boot light uses the firthest right of these contacts (it protrudes higher than the rest). Pushing this end contact down switches the light off and it should spring back up to turn the light on.

May be a good idea to remove these contacts (the whole black part) and check connections on the bottom.

I think it should be on the same fuse as the interior lighting....

11122011356.jpg

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I see in the boot there is a bulb holder on the lhs also. Has anyone wired up a second boot light at all or is there wiring tucked away somewhere as I know Ford like to do that sometimes :)

I think someone has added another light to the other side, but I'm pretty sure that involved buying another buld holder and running some wires round the boot back to the other side.

I believe I read a thread ages ago where someone wired up a second light in the boot.I dont think theres a second bulb holder as such,iirc just a clip that holds the bulb holder.Should be a pretty simple job to add a second light.

Cheers for that, yeh it's just the clip, might be worth doing to give a bit more light.

Any idea if you can get the interior spotlight bulbs in LED
I have changed the festoon bulb but other 2 look look odd now?

you can but you have to swap the power wires to the light unit as they are the wrong way round to run led's

Back