Brake Mechanism - Pedal-Servo

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtfulHussy

Morning All,

Can anyone sort of describe / explain what's going on mechanism-wise between my brake pedal and the servo? I have been getting a clunk noise/feel from the pedal and my pal told me at the weekend that there's a serious bang from the passenger footwell when I press the pedal as well.

The brakes work perfectly fine.

Any info would be appreciated. :)

There's a chance, and this is just an educated guess, that the master cylinder has become unsecured from the firewall and is physically moving under braking. I say this because i have the 300mm brakes and the firewall actually flexes under hard braking because it can't press the pistons any harder so the force is taken up elsewhere.

Anyway, press the brakes and have someone look at the servo arrangement and see if it moves, it might not but it's worth a look.

I have a 300mm setup as well, i will try to check this out next week. Thanks for the reply!

I have the 280mm setup off the Fiesta ST and the while servo/master cylinder assembly flexes when pressing hard down

Back