Brake Pad sizes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxSparta

Hello all

Just a quick one. Went and picked up some Brembo disks today for the Pum and when it came to the pads the guy asked me which style I had stating there were 2 versions, a slightly wider but thinner one and a, well, less wide chunkier one.

I have absolutely no idea which ones I have and cant really dismantle the caliper to take one to him as I dont have another car to get to the shop,

Was there a common standard that was used on Thunders? or am i just going to have to buy both types and see what happens?

Cheers

Bumpidy

Any advise? Will the stock callipers take both types? or is there a way of telling which I have without removing them?

Are you sure the guy is not getting confused between the smaller calipers/pads/discs on the earlier Puma and the later larger ones fitted to your Thunder?

Not sure, he used the car reg to find the disks but when it came to the pads it through the two options at him. He swung the screen round to show me and they were different shapes :?

Ah,

Well I guess im just going to have to strip it down and see if I can get a lift to the parts shop on the day then. 8)

Thanks for the advice though :thumbs:

These are the calipers taken from my puma. These are ATE, use 258 mm disc

Pads

And holders

They are perfectly OK; I took them down 'cos have upgraded to ST150 brake discs

Hi

If this is any help the smaller and larger brakes use different pads. If you know you have the larger or smaller brakes you should be able to look at the pads and see if they resemble the shape of the ones below (not on his screen but the actual brake pads he has).
As far as I know there is no other size of pads for a std puma.

Early:
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Puma_1.4_2000/p/car-parts/brakes/brake-friction/brake-pad/?101590108&1&13c5ee4de9f1358df10325e042334d634c1a712e&000036" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Late:
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Puma_1.4_2000/p/car-parts/brakes/brake-friction/brake-pad/?101590218&1&96b96c05050ac3316afa0f7bcd81acb015a39d7b&000036" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers
PaulZ

Mine uses the larger 158mm disks so im guessing the later pads? Awesome chaps! :thumbs: :thumbs:

This will make make Project Pumba - Noob edition, that little easier at the weekend :D

Back