Brake upgrade

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason_s

Hi all, currently running Sierra cosworth single pot front brakes but new calipers are difficult to get new, has anyone done a Fiesta St fit, I understand they also run 278mm discs.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Jason
I think lots of people on here have done ST150 disc and caliper swaps. I have ST170 ones on mine and the only difference from standard is you have to drill the caliper bracket mounts out to 12mm from 10 mm so you may have to do that with the ST150 ones as well but I'm sure someone will come along and confirm or deny what I said.
Barry

I have one running Mondeo discs/calipers and one completely standard. My opinion, both the same.
Do the rears for a positive improvement.

Just my two penneth!

Rob.

Robyorks said:
[post]364622[/post] I have one running Mondeo discs/calipers and one completely standard. My opinion, both the same.

Just my two penneth!

Rob.
Rob is that on track or road? Just bought a set of ST calipers given they bolt straight on and give you another 4cm diameter on the discs.

Road mate, don't do track.
A wise man said to me recently that the bigger the discs, the harder the engine has to work to get them turning.

Again, just my two penneth.

Rob.

Robyorks said:
[post]364622[/post] I have one running Mondeo discs/calipers and one completely standard. My opinion, both the same.

Just my two penneth!

Rob.
What have you done to the rears? I have a focus disc conversion to put on, but word has it the hand brake is poor?? I need it for competition purposes.. :grin:

Hi Jason
My handbrake is fantastic with the Focus ST170 (280mm ) discs and calipers so I should imagine it's pretty good with 260mm discs. The big problem is keeping the ABS working as there is some machining to do to make the Puma sensors and rings fit.
Barry

Tuonokid told me what is involved with the rear conversion and the benefits gained. I'm not clever enough to do it myself but I can say without a shadow of a doubt, take his advice. He most definitely knows his shit!
If your in any doubt, take a look at his build thread. It's a right riveting read!

tuonokid said:
[post]364712[/post] Hi Jason
My handbrake is fantastic with the Focus ST170 (280mm ) discs and calipers so I should imagine it's pretty good with 260mm discs. The big problem is keeping the ABS working as there is some machining to do to make the Puma sensors and rings fit.
Barry
Thanks for that, I don't have ABS, so I should be ok.

Yeah I swapped from 260mm discs to ST150 calipers and discs a few weeks back.
Easy conversion goes straight on, no issues at all and very positive pedal feel with braided hoses and better fluid.
The biggest pig was getting the old hose retaining clips out!

Back