Bye-Bye Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thfc

Unfortunly I may be saying bye to the Puma in a couple of days as insurance for it has rocketed and I wont be able to afford to run it anymore. So I am probably going for a sensible turbo diesel or a 1.6 rxe clio :'(

Well the insurance for the Puma is about £1850. So I was thinking about getting a 306 turbo diesel. It would cost me about £500 cash and £1177 to insure. So thats only a £200 saving. But I suppose the 306 would be cheaper to run as it will be doing around 55-60mpg. Really don't know what to do now :|

Insurance has gone mad this year mine is £280 comp protected but the excess has gone up to £500 NOT GOOD WHEN THE CAR IS WORTH ABOUT £800. :-(

thfc said:
Well the insurance for the Puma is about £1850. So I was thinking about getting a 306 turbo diesel. It would cost me about £500 cash and £1177 to insure. So thats only a £200 saving. But I suppose the 306 would be cheaper to run as it will be doing around 55-60mpg. Really don't know what to do now :|

That's not a huge saving on the Pug really :( OH traded in his Civic VTI for one last year and has regretted it. His was fuel cost reasons not insurance, he says filling up once every 3 weeks compared to once a week is nice but everything else is dull. He's now saving for something "fun" again.

Have you got an older "experienced" driver as a named driver? I added my Mum when I lived at home as it reduced the premium a bit.

Some tips on getting lower quotes Car Insurance tips

i was looking a few mins ago might be taking the puma off the road for a year but not selling it love it to much lol, ill just use a bus and train and bike for a year, but this might not happen hopefully

The saving is quite alot when your earning £30-a-week lol. I have got older named drivers on. I really do want to keep it but the MOT and tax run out at the same times as insurance. So I wouldn't be able to afford almost £2,000. Hopefully next year I'll have a job and can buy a Millinium. :D

Tried Ford Insurance?

They were the cheapest for me and I live in a mega bad rating error.

Back