Cadwell Park...the engine killer!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milburn7191

Well I was very excited to get my cherished puma back on the track, I did lots of preparation and thought the car was fully set to go. :cool:

However on just my third flying stint the engine went bang, quite spectacularly!
fortunatley it was just as i was coming up to the track exit so i manage to drive it off the track.
They still waved the red flags though due to a gallon of oil being deposited out of my car...oops! :oops:

So after jacking it up to find the source of the problem I noticed what appears to be one of the con-rod poking out of the side of the engine block...at this point im realising this may not be a quickly fixed problem :roll:

So I now have a lovely puma with full millie recaro interior, thunder wheels wrappped in nearly new toyo proxies, brembo discs and nearly new EBC yellowstuff pads, massive K&N filter, less than a year old uprated clutch, upper and lower front strut braces, standard struts but with lowered APEX springs plus lots of other mods...but a dead engine :cry:

I do not have the facilities to swap the engine myself so am completely stuck with what to do?!

I have broken a puma before and sold it off in parts so this is an option but it just seems a shame with how much time and money i have already invested in this car!

10007039_10152282175241271_756173828_n.jpg

10178_10152282175346271_859194905_n.jpg

1966848_10152282175406271_1434574052_n.jpg

1926871_10152238775766271_1749502078_n.jpg

PM Ian G. I believe he's got quite a few engines in stock.

Neil said:
PM Ian G. I believe he's got quite a few engines in stock.
^ this. He had a 17k one in the other day, with 57k, 64k, 67k, 97k and 99k all on the way.

Thanks Rob.

17k went out yesterday so that is no longer available.

Only engines to hand right now are over 100k so £160 supply on those.

Others on that list are on the way in, price increases as mileage decreases up to £320 for the 57k although I think I have a deposit coming over for that in the morning.

Fitting is £150, add on the cost to recover and take off whatever I can give you for the old engine assuming some parts can be salvaged.

Need to see where you are to quote on coming to get it but that also is no problem - it'll either be a one-off journey if you're in a rush or if not I'll combine it with a delivery and bring the price down that way.

Either way, easy fix, prefer rods through the block to intermittant ones you need to throw weeks at to even know what's going on. Proper job. :lol:

Hi Alex
Did you manage to get it back home ok? We left a 3.50 and it was still there.
Hope you have better luck next time.
Barry
PS I have an engine crane if you want to PM me.

Ive not stripped it down yet, far too busy at the minute but I think one of the big end bolts went seen as though I can see what looks like the bottom of a con-rod sticking out of the front of the engine

Back