Cam Change - What do I need

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milkie

Trying to make a list of the bits I'll need for changing to FRP cams..

FRP Cams - Got them
FRP Locking tool
Camshaft Oil Seals x2
Rocker Cover Gasket
Timing Belt Kit (belt, tensioner & bolts)
Waterpump - possibly

Is there anything missing, I'm sure there is! Or is there anything I really should do as I'm changing the cams?

As we're changing the cams, is it much extra to take the head off and change the head gasket & de-coke it, or is it a balls of a job getting the head off?

Also is there a guide anywhere for doing cam change? Do we need to get the ECU re-flashed with the FRP map before starting it up after the cam change, or will it run ok on standard ECU?

We have the TAPE ECU, already done the FRP Airbox Mod and have the pipercross manifold/exhaust/sports cat to go on too.

id change the water pump as a matter of course as youll have easy access to it at the time. seems like thats everything though. maybe worth putting it back together with a new auxillary belt if yours hasnt been changed in a while.

obviously be sure you thoroughly clean the cams to make sure theyre 100% free from any dust or dirt, and if theres any signs of corrosion then get some very fine wet and dry, like 1200 grit, and gently clean them with plenty of oil as lubricant. then when you refit the cams make sure you apply oil to them so theyre not dry when you first start it up.

You need a win xp machine for that :) you can start a virtual machine with virtual box (free) if you dont have an old computer in your piles. I have the manual in pdf. Could send you that in the weekend.

Latest posts

Back