Camshafts on stock 1.7?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt6991

So I've managed to pick up some LM3 camshafts and a piper exhaust pulley for £300 :D... just wondering as to whether I'm going to need any additional parts before fitting them.

Current spec is:

Milltek 4-2-1 Mani
Milltek centre section and decat
Piper back box
Vipercross Induction Kit
AP Coilovers

I've done some research and from what i've read the valve springs may need upgrading to go with these cams but i cannot seem to find ANY uprated or heavy duty valve springs, could someone point me in the right direction?

Also, how much typically labour wise is camshaft installation (including map)

Far as I'm aware LM3's are fast road cams and no more aggressive than the FRP or equivalent Piper (I run FRP cams and no need to upgrade any engine internals) fitting cams isn't labour intensive and neither is a preloaded map (although the map can costs as much as you paid for the cams)

.. just had to add that was my 1000th post :) :) :)

grayfox said:
Far as I'm aware LM3's are fast road cams and no more aggressive than the FRP or equivalent Piper (I run FRP cams and no need to upgrade any engine internals) fitting cams isn't labour intensive and neither is a preloaded map (although the map can costs as much as you paid for the cams)

.. just had to add that was my 1000th post :) :) :)

Cheers for the reply mate - helped alot, cams will be fitted with a custom map courtesy of cwtuning :D, also fitting the mondeo silver top throttle body, swapping the vipercross kit out for a k&n panel filter / box that feeds air directly from my fog light (with fog insert) to the air box :D

Make sure you enlarge the mani inlet to match the enlarged tb diameter otherwise it's quite a waste. Smart move I'd say switching to a panel filter, I've seeked professional advice on matter and it all comes down to heak soak which the airbox helps prevent (I even wrapped mine in heat reflective tape). I'd say gather all yr upgrades and have them fitted before its mapped otherwise it will just need to be mapped once again.

Latest posts

Back