Cant find replacement fuel tank for 2001 Puma, Help!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumiethePuma

Hi All,
Trying to find a replacement tank due to rusty tank leaking from the top, but all of the ones Ive seen have stated they're only suitable for 2000 or older models. Its due to the swirl pot not fitting the pump apparently... A thread on this site said it could be modified, but it would be done through a local garage so Im unsure if they would be willing to do that.

Heres that thread if it helps,

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=28609

Any advice from those who have had experience with this, or can anyone recommend somewhere I could get the correct tank? Ford said 500 for a new one... :-( and I still need to double check that is 2001 fit as a lot of parts sites say my reg is a fit, but the part's description notes its up to 2000 production year.

Many thanks in advance, just getting back into the puma after such a long time and have been really enjoying every minute so typical this happens now!

Cheers, Pumie

Hi Pumie,

This is a topic that's been tricky for some years now, most people from what I remember have ended up down the modifying a Fiesta tank / earlier tank situation

I dont have any other useful suggestions.

Back