Cant turn heater down ??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiggi0101

Just had the HCV replaced and now have lovely hot air

problem is cant turn it down, stills blows hot on cold setting ??

Also any idea where temp gauge sender is, it never moves off cold

cheers

Have you checked the plug that goes to the HCV? If its not clipped on properly, it wont work, it will stick open or closed.

Not the HCV but the actual heater shares the same fuse as the interior light.. also the clock from memory.. if it blows it usually blares out hot air until you replace it.

had the same problem on mine even after changing the HCV - turned out to be the actual control panel that needed replacing - a few pennies on ebay and it was sorted :)

Hi !

How do I get the control panel off, as hopefully that's the problem with mine ( no light to light the dials up, and A/C light on the switch don't come on and... hot air all the time with a ford HCV

regards
kevin

Remove stereo.
Then on the top of the control panel you will see a screw at each end. Undo these and the panel will pull forward from the top.
Remove electrical connectors and the part for the vent control.

Refit the opposite way ensuring the bottom is seated in before you push it up to screw it back.

My trusty mechanic tells me the HCV going will 9 times out of 10 take the control panel with it. Common problem on a lot of Fords

I read it on the other Puma forum, involved attaching a multimeter somewhere and if it swings from 0 and a reading (15 from memory) it is working. Def. find the official advice though rather than following my inarticulate badly rememebered version :lol:

really? iv had the hcv go 4 odd times....still on first heater panel. the fan resistor has also blown once

Latest posts

Back