Car revs between shifts

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raso97

Okay so today I took my little Puma for a spin and when I turned down the music I could hear engine noise between shifts as if I was not letting the gas off while shifting and it kept on doing it the clutch seems alright I gave her some pep and when on higher RPM it's normal does anyone know what the problem may be?

So, when driving you depress the clutch to change gear and the revs hold without dropping? Can you see this on the tachometer?

Sticking/faulty Idle Control Valve

Possible air leak.

Faulty/dislodged switch on the clutch pedal.

How does the car run generally? Does it idle OK when stationary?

Sorry for answering this late the problem is still not fixed tried looking for air leaks found nothing,the idle control valve was changed few months ago and the car runs pretty good I would say no strange rev drops or anything but when I started hearing the revs between shifts heard something that sounds like a clunk noise when I touch the clutch pedal sounds like metal on metal and it's really annoying it happens much more oftenly when it's colder outside.

I should try looking into it as soon as the weather clears up a bit it still happens but not all the time.

I get this on my Puma maybe once or twice a year, soon as you dip the clutch in any gear the revs don't drop back to idle properly and causes it to be quite jerky during gear changes - a quick idle control valve clean with carb cleaner and a 30 minute battery reset cures it everytime.

Back