car tax online

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't get you for a few days on the drive especially if you have the disc, but continuous taxing rules now mean if it's going over the month end and you don't SORN it they just fine you via the post. Another way to rob you of even more money.

I remember watching the guy Heathrow guy on bbc news saying how perfect it was going to be, so much better than the last time. Ah, ignorance.

As for the tax disc its a shame computers have come along and ruined the fun. My grandad used to make his with crayons, theres no fun to be had now!

:-D Years and years ago when tax discs looked different the joke was to use a guiness or beer bottle label for a tax disc. Dammed technology :D :D

Your car needs to be sorn or you can get a ticket even if on private land.

@ dal depends who gets home first to who gets space on drive. We have a double drive but its a mess on opening and closing and unlocking gates espically in high winds. So most of the time one caris on drive, and one on the street.

I can luckily say he car did not get a ticket for not displaying tax. Car now displaying valid excise licence.

I did mine this week, arrived very quickly. Is the second time I used this service and I don't think i'll be going back to the post office.

Me too , superb service, always end up waiting at least half an hour in post office, and then you have to dig out insurance cover note etc, MOT, and have the far of losing these important documents

i taxed mine online on tuesday and got it thursday!dont forget you cant display a tax disc until the first day of the month it starts,in my case,1st may,otherwise you can actually get done for "failure to display a valid tax disc" stupid isnt it? you can apply on the 15th of the month before its due,but you cant display it!!!

One thing you have to watch for if you're planning to buy your tax on line. Is whether your car is actually on the Motor Insurers data base.
You're OK if you have just the one vehicle on the policy, it will be uploaded onto the data base by the insurer. If you have a multi car policy or a six wheel type policy you have to check with your insurer that they have listed all vehicles on the data base. Some of them just list the first vehicle on the policy.
They are getting better as this data base gets used by more and more agencies. Especially as the police can confiscate a vehicle they can find no record of insurance for, it also gives the police a false alarm on an ANPR check. Getting them all excited chasing people about for no reason.

To see if your car is correctly registered as being insured, check the link in this post:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back