cd 6006 vs cd6000

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slayllian

Been thinking about changing the pumas stereo, I will only fit genuine ones that match the interior. ruled out the cd9000 as its black and doesn't look to fit very well.

Have been looking into getting a cd6006 but have heard worrying things about reliability. Has anyone got one of these fitted and have they been trouble?

I had one in mine - played CDs fine, changer was fine, but the volume knob was completely random when you turned it (though I had a steering column remote out of a Focus so it didn't matter). Also, the radio wouldn't tune on AM frequency. Other that that it was fine.

You can have it if you want - got it knocking around here somewhere. PM me your address if you want it - going to the post office tomorrow anyway. Will only end up at the tip otherwise.

CD6006 in my son's Puma was used regularly and had to be replaced when it ate CD's. CD6006 in my Puma is still fine but gets very little use other than the radio.

Back