Clutch change help needed by Friday night - Derby

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireFly90

Hey, i'm trying to change the clutch on my puma but i've had alot of teething problems as alot of the bolts have been stuck fast by rust and other stuff, may have made a few mistakes too, mainly the bolts connecting the exhaust down pipe to the manifold have all sheered off trying to undo them. Also i think i may have unintentionally opened the CV joints to get the drive shafts off so now they're exposed.

Is there anyone in Derby that is free Friday or the weekend to help me change the clutch and put it back together? Ideally i'd like to have it done by Friday night but failing that saturday and part of sunday is fine.

P.s. if you have either an engine crane/bar or another 1 or 2 jacks that would help too.

You don't need to touch the exhaust do to the clutch.

I removed my NS driveshaft completely, swung the hub out the way once the bottom balljoint and track rod end had been removed, the brake caliper assembly and the anti roll bar. The OS driveshaft assembly can stay bolted into the hub/driveflange but the bottom balljoint will need splitting to gain enough clearance at the gearbox end.

Two trolley jacks is enough, no need for a hoist.

Back