Clutch replacement

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanwheel

Hi all

My Puma is still on its original clutch and seems to have started slipping (when accelerating in a high gear i’m getting a lot of revs but no action initially, especially when going uphill) plus the bite point seems high. It’s definitely been getting worse this summer.

Anyway I will book it into my trusted garage - just wanted to ask the wise folk on here whether, whilst they are doing the clutch, it is a good idea to renew anything else at the same time eg seals or anything like that?

Thanks
Will

Hi Will
Fit a full clutch kit including the release bearing, renew the drive shaft oil seals and check the intermediate bearing on the long drive shaft (the one bolted to the block) also replace the gear shifter rod oil seal.
Barry

I finally got the clutch done last week, along with some other work, at my trusted Indy garage.

It feels as light as a feather now - didn’t realise how heavy it must have been getting, as it drives like a new car now :grin:

The manager said the car is in great shape for its age. Interestingly they are now looking after 4 or 5 Pumas in the area, more than before. I suppose the ones that are left are starting to be more cherished these days

Will

Back