Coil pack early - later style swap?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TylerB

Looking to renew my coil pack and leads. I have the early style now ('97)
Will go for standard ones, but I wonder if it would be better to switch to later style coilpack. The reasons; they are cheaper first of all and much more easy to find. Anyone around here that has changed from early to later model? Can I just swap them easily? Just want to be sure it would not give any problems, loss of power or whatsoever. thanks

Not 100% sure but does look as though both coil packs can be used on all Puma's regardless of age, sure someone on here will verify that for you.
As to potential problems again not 100% sure but if it is a straight swap I doubt you will have any problems upgrading as basically the coil pack will only do what it is meant to do, no more no less

zinc2000 said:
[post]360994[/post] Not 100% sure but does look as though both coil packs can be used on all Puma's regardless of age,
You haven't got a part number for the early (clip?) coil pack, have you? The images have long since vanished off this thread - http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=46518#p46518 :)

928F-12029-CA is the old one

988F-12029-AD is new, which also supersedes AB and AC

As above, interchangeable if you also get the leads to suit

That's superb, I ordered the wrong one through work and will get new leads to match the push on coil pack on mine

Back