coolant leak

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputy

hi all,

after some advice....This afternoon returned to the puma and discovered a large puddle of coolant running along ground under engine.
I topped header tank and the water just pissed through onto the floor as i poured it in. however when i turned on engine the water stopped leaking. Took a chance and topped it up fully and it got me home, temp gauge remained in the middle for the ten minute drive.. When I pulled up and turned of engine....it then proceeded to piss all the water out again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

Check the HCV heater control valve behind the engine on the bulkhead
check the thermostat housing under engine near the alternator
check all the hoses for cracks and leaks
check radiator for leaks

Number 2 above. Just had the same thing happen to me. If it is the same you will need a new thermostat housing. If you look at my other posts you will see a picture. As I'm on my phone it's not easy to put up a link. Good luck.

trueblue said:
As I'm on my phone it's not easy to put up a link.
Here's the post in question:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the advice,(and the link)

judging by where the leak is i think the thermostat housing is probably the safest bet.....Gonna pass it over to my mechanic on monday....hope its not to expensive to fix!
Mark

not expensive, but just bloody awkward to get to...if the housing isn't damaged you can just clean the mating face up on the block and re-seal it with some wurth sump gasket sealant

:cool:

Back