Cut through a wire - oops!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob987_0

During my underbody restoration I cut through a wire with my grinder. There is a plug that goes into the fuel tank and there are four different coloured wires attached to the plug. I've gone through one of them wires. Would it just be a case of stripping the rubber from around that particular wire, twisting it back together and wrapping in electrical tape? Would that work ok?

You can just make out the broken wire at the top.
IMAG0432.jpg

IMAG0433.jpg

yeah that should work but i'd solder and put heat shrink wrap around it to get a proper job on it

alexwilliams840 said:
yeah that should work but i'd solder and put heat shrink wrap around it to get a proper job on it
+1
May be easier to gently pull those wires through a few inches into the car so you can repair it easier.

alexwilliams840 said:

Thanks a lot. Will give it a go at the weekend when I put the car back together.

alexwilliams840 said:

All sorted now. I ended up using a pre-insulated terminal. Was easy enough to do.

IMAG0461.jpg

Latest posts

Back