DE-CAT

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sly 1.7

I am thinking of de-cating my standard manifold does anyone no the diameter of the pipe I will need? Cheers

what you doing for if it for nose then just get a back box and cut the mid box off
that what i have done and it pop and bangs like a goodon

i have a stainless miltek cat back, no mid box but the back box just makes it so quite........ want the litte extra bhp too lol

thats where knowing people who do MOTs come in handy haha/................. might just save up for a new de cated one

slayllian said:
haGGard said:
I know people who do MOTS but they're not bent testers.

agreed, no matter how many apples I buy my mate he wouldn't do that!

Ive known cars which have been decatted that have passed MoT emissions no problem, but no idea how the puma would fare.

If I were to decat the puma I would probably go about it using a 4-2-1 manifold and matching system, and then making up an adapter section so I could but the cat back for MoT's. Thats assuming a 4-2-1 manifold doesnt just bolt up to a stock system. However it has to be said more noise is not a positive thing to me :D

A milltek 4-2-1 leaves a gap for a cat or a decat section between the flexi and main exhaust. Which would be ideal. Its what i did, decat all year round, and whack the cat in there come MOT day.

My MG ZS180 technically has a 'decat' as the main cat has been removed. However there is a seperate pre-cat in the downpipe of these cars which will still pass the emissions test with the main cat being removed.

I dont see how a car with not a single cat will pass an emissions test :?

It won't pass, I was running de-cat on my FRP and had to put the cat back on for it, and was told that a sports cat is a better option as it keeps the exhaust fume flowing freely and less hassle when it comes to MOT time!.

Diesels cars can run de-cat no problem and still pass an MOT.

Back