Destroying the weak!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will, on the othert hand, never forget the time (in the FRP) when I was stopped by the traffic lights outside RAF Lakenheath. It was early evening and dark and my mirror was filled with the glare from some people-carrier waiting directly behind me, and very close. Obviously his lights on a level with my back window.

Once clear of the 30mph section I floored it.

To be totally demolished as the 'people carrier' went past me as if I was stopped.

Moral of the story?

Never take on a Cayenne Turbo on the straight. You won't win.

spike. said:
lol, you can never tell, what a set of lights are!

Lets face it Puma is a bag of laughs 0-60 but its true calling are those country roads.

warrenpenalver said:
cayenne turbo 227bhp/ton
cossie puma 304bhp/ton

although he'd pull away until about 100 as they have almost 500lbft torque.

500lb/ft @ what RPM? and whats the torque degredation on both vs the BHP curve? Need to see both maps to get a really good judge :)

Then there is Cd.

The Cayenne is a chunky old thing and I doubt would be close to the Puma, even allowing for Warrens degraded airflow.

They're cracking cars for slipstreaming.....my old Focus TDCi can testify to that at speeds it was never meant to do. Bloke in Cayenne thought it was a laugh too as he couldn't get rid of me and gave me a thumbs up in more sedate traffic. Focus didn't seem to be the same after that.....ooops....lol.

Can't say I noticed it tbh but if we'd carried on for much longer the engine would have fallen out...lol. The gearbox was knackered beforehand though, and a lot worse soon after. Turbo decided to stop once a few weeks after but on restart it was ok even when I got rid a few months & about 20k later. Cracking car and probably the fastest standard one ever made/driven, all down to the help of said Cayenne....lol.

Still makes me smile when I remember his face on seeing it was a standard diesel....lol.

Interesting cars spoken of here :grin:

My older brother has a Cayenne Turbo which I'm looking after for him while he's out the country :-D

The way it go's, stops and handles is mind blowing for such a big car - we've given quite alot of exotic metal a run for their money in it... However the humble Puma really does hold its own when it comes to sticking with it round the twistys.

Indeed though I think Warren's Puma would give it something to think about :lol:
mail

Mines not quite as impressive as Warrens Puma but Having about 250bhp and standard looks my Puma will put some boy racers to shame from the traffic lights. :) But saying that I do have a chavved up Corsa thats about to lose its 1600sport engine and make way for a 3.0 V6.

Latest posts

Back