Diagnose my suspension problem!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovepooma

Hey all

My Puma (99 1.7) has a slight pull to the right, it's had this since I've bought it and even although the garage adjusted the tracking it is not quite perfect.

The car is also very prone to wondering at the moment and feels nervous with changes in road quality. This has coincided with the potholes round here getting far larger since the cold spell.

From the way the rear crashes into a pothole I'm fairly sure the bushes are on the way out, how much will dodgy bushes change the day to day handling?

Tyre pressures are correct and it is on fresh Michelin PE2 rubber.

Ta!

Firstly, how old is your car? Ford bushes last about 4 years.
Secondly, Pumas are notorious for 'tramlining', this means that the car will follow the ruts in the road.

i dont have a diagnosis for this but what i do know is my car is exactly the same! makes driving quite hard work constantly pulling the car back out of interest which side does the car pull to? Mine veers to the left hand side!

Mine is the same recently since the pot holes became large holes with this bloody weather

I've heard fiesta's are notorious for pulling to the left (only slightly, not a huge pull). I've owned 3 fiests (a mk2 mk3 and mk4) and they have all pulled to the left. Seeing as a puma is basically a pretty fiesta then i'd assume that pulls to the left as well. I'd get it all checked out, bushes, tracking ect at a garage that is not your normal garage to get a second opinion (just dont go quick fit lol ) then if everything comes back fine, think of it as the 'character' of the car.

Back