Dion's Dutch Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So been a while since I made an update...

Few weeks ago finally took the guts to order a set of Coilovers and as pictured above a set of top mounts...

After that i also went for some wider spacers on the back, changing my old 12,5mm spacers for some Streetka 20,5 spacers..
Car feels much more stable now and the wheels are looking better! I'm looking for 5mm spacers for the front now since i'm not wanting to change the front wheelhubs again, since i did that 3 weeks ago :lol:

With the new top mounts and the AP coilovers it drives much more communicative and also a bit harsher... but its so much more stable and not moving about any more it was worth any penny! Only when putting them on... i came across the fact that the front suspension wheights weren't able to fit... so now driving without them...

For the next months till summer i have a little list of things which i want to do...

- mounting my FRP front splitter (lackered it last week, only searching for a good method of putting it on...)
- Mondeo 2.0 throttle body... (already have one, but i will have to grind my manifold to fit, looking for a bit better weather when doing this)
- Cambelt and auxilary belt change
- Mounting other 5th gear set of a fiesta MK5, from a box which i have bought a while ago!
- front wheelhub spacers 5mm...
- Mondeo MK3 brakes with Focus ST170 discs

So does anyone has some experience fitting a FRP front splitter?

Also i'm still staggered by the price of the tensioner of the auxilary belt...
is it also good to replace the idler pulley?

I'm not really having so much noise, but the car makes a low squealing noise... more prominently when in the higher rev range...

So... that's that for the words... got some pictures :)
IMG_20130329_134434_zpsd86d0e16.jpg

New Streetka spacers compared to the old 12,5mm ones.
IMG_20130329_115218_zpsba53bcce.jpg

With OEM bolts off-course!
IMG_20130314_220121_zpsff0dfd9e.jpg

Changing the front wheel bearings
IMG_20130223_200851_zps354e4add.jpg

Gearbox from a fiesta 1.25 i've picked up... showing the 5th gear set i'm gonne steal from it... mahaaa!
IMG_20130119_164523_zpsf12d8ae1.jpg

IMG_20130118_173128_zpsa1f51107.jpg

Coil-overs mounted!

And a few pictures from yesterday's XR/RS club easter event!
DSC_0001_zpsa8a6dd47.jpg

DSC_0033_zpsa539ef53.jpg

DSC_0027_zps1354d89f.jpg

DSC_0001_zpsafc05a91.jpg

DSC_0048_zps4dfed8ca.jpg

Looking good! Decided whether you're coming to FITP again this year? I was there last year (that's my Magnum Grey behind Aaron's FRP in your photo above) and I will be there again this year. :thumbs:

Don't know it... I'm really wanting to go, but the funds are limited. Really would like to meet some of you guys!
Last year was a great journey from here to Huntingdon!

Last night went to Pim Kaanders who helps organising FITP, sadly i caught him pulling out the best friend of his son out of his Puma, which he wrecked against a tree just minutes before we turned around the corner.... Sadly his second Puma in 2 weeks which he wrecked :-(

some pics... you don't really wanna see....
IMG_20130408_181412_zpsfeb5005c.jpg

IMG_20130408_182429_zps9dc4b98b.jpg

After everything was settled down we went to Pim's were i got some new goodies for my cat!

- Inlet manifold for a Mondeo throttle body
- Injector rail
- New Knob...
- 2 new driveshafts... since i noticed that my right middle CV joint was gone...
- Coolant sensor
- New coilpack and leads
- and some trim bits...

for the price of 2 pie's...

Saturday, next update!

So... this weekend for the first time i had someone which wanted me to help with the driveshafts.

Had them both replaced and put new rubbers on them..

drives like a boss now! No more vibrations... it is now silent and sound on the motorway! I'm really pleased with the car now!
Only my rear ABS loom is dead, so have to find a new one for that.

and my other project is soundproofing the doors and rear doorcards, did my driverside door and i'm really pleased with the difference only one side has made... tomorrow i will get the other side sorted out to and post up some pics. Only have to get some new doorplugs off my work tonight!

great looking puma ive just bought my second puma 1.7 same colour as yours with only 93k miles on the clock and will be modding mine soon

Latest posts

Back