Disabling ABS / TC

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milkie

We have a Puma that is a road legal... Ideally we would like to install a switch or something to disable ABS / TC for the track days. Is this possible?

Ahha! It is never easy or simple! I'm guessing if you disable the ABS then there is a good chance the rears could lock up? I was just wondering as we should be fitting ST150 brakes in the next couple of weeks and wanted a solution to a problem that hasn't even happened yet (I've heard the ABS could cut in earlier with the ST brakes). :wink:

im only speculating but id imagine with uprated front brakes, theres less chance of locking the rears first. i run with my abs disconnected and have never had a problem on standard brakes.

When you say disconnected do you mean you by-passed/removed the ABS pump or did you remove a certain fuse? If so, where is this fuse?

i just disconnected an abs sensor which stopped the system from working. it was just meant to be a short term test for a fault i was trying to find but i havnt bothered reconnecting as i prefer driving it without the abs. im sure the proper way would be to remove the fuse, but i dont know which it is.

Latest posts

Back