Dont Know What To Do!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandycheeks

Hey Guys thinking of getting rid of the puma! Since I got it (for my birthday in March) I have had the head gasket done..... rocker cover gasket replaced.... and then got to work yesterday and water was leaking from underneath by the time I had finished work it had emptied all the water on the car park........... To be honest I am a bit fed up throwing money at it now!!! For a cheap run around its not so cheap!!!!! Don't know whether to fix and get rid or fix and keep.... I have lost confidence in this car................ :-(

The water could also have come from a degraded HCV, sometimes the pipes crack/snap.

Don't loose faith!
Could be something really simple.. like the Heather Control Valve or a small leak in the radiator.

Can you see where it's leaking from?

Also.. where in the country are you located? You might get a kind enough member offering their services.

It could be something really cheap and simple and quick to fix, its really highly unlikely to be anything in the cost bracket of having a head gasket done.

Might just be a cracked hose or a punctured radiator or the aforementioned HCV or a broken thermostat housing.

Its better the devil you know imo, you could get another car and end up needing a head gasket again

stick with :thumbs: it

To be honest with you, I'd be keeping it knowing that any car can come with costs. You've started spending money on this one, if you can't afford to go for a new one then you stick with what you have. The grass might not be greener on the other side; there is nothing to say that if you did get another cheap car, you won't need the head gasket doing on that or anything else... and you likely won't have a car that is as great as a Puma.

Just my 2cents.

Agreed with the above, most people selling cheap second hand cars knowingly sell them with problems, with your car you know how much work you've had done already.

Poor thing is sat outside the house!! :-( :-( :-( The trouble is I prefer to drive cars that have a bit of character..... Cuz imo all cars look the same these days.... so that's why the puma..... Was thinking of getting the new style beetle..... runs and hides....... but the more I look outside the house......... oh god what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!

This could be a really simple fix. Doesn't sound like anything serious. get someone to have a look at it.
It doesn't sound like the head gasket so will most likely be the HCV, a split pipe, thermostat housing or a duff water pump. Not of which are expensive to replace. For example, I got a water pump for a Puma for £18 last year.

Well I have decided to KEEP THE PUMA!!! In the last two days I have really missed it........ so the other half is going to have a look tomorrow, if he can fix it he will, if not he knows several mates that can..... :grin: bit of a relief really and like they say 'Its better the devil you know' and I sure have got to know this devil :evil:

ps thanxs for all your replies they helped a lot!!!

I bet this turns out to be something really minor. Even if it's the water pump.. it's not a big job :thumbs:

Well done for keeping it!

I'm sure we've all had things go wrong, some worse than others. But I've just come to the conclusion it's all part of Puma ownership!

Water pump bought and being fitted tomorrow!! Happy Days!! Cant wait to drive my puma again!!!! :grin: :grin:

I miss my puma.... at the moment it is at the garage having its water pump replaced... Hopefully I will pick him up tomorrow!!!!! This has been the longest week of my life, and it has surprised me how much I have missed my puma....
(its at a friends garage and he is gonna fit it in around his other jobs so that's why its been so long!!)

Latest posts

Back