Don't Look Back in Anger

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Righteous Magpie

Hey all,

So picked up my first Puma yesterday, and have to say it is the first time driving a car out where I couldn't stop smiling. It handles like a dream and as soon as you have some open road to put your foot down it flies. An absolute joy!
To anyone considering getting a Puma, there are two things that can put off some people but actually should be ignored.
1. The rear window. People are often put off about how small the rear window is for reversing etc. Honestly, I've driven it for 1 day now and have no problem parking or reversing it! The same goes for the back windows which, whilst small, easily give you enough space to check your blind spots etc.
2. (I imagine this may only be a problem for male Puma owners) Puma's are considered by some to be a 'Girls Car'. Now whilst it's true that the Puma is popular with female drivers, somebody calling the car 'girly' as a negative is not only misogynistic but wrongheaded. It's one of the cheapest coupes in existence (in terms of buying and insurance) and is a lovely car to look at, is that really a bad thing?

Good Original posting. I think that's pretty much right! The people that know, know it's not a Vauxhall Tigra.

A few days ago at lunchtime, one of my (mature) students said to me "Mick, did I see you come in today in a wee hairdressers car?"
After a little lunchtime blast around the local back roads....
His response "I take it all back!!!" :lol:

I have worked in the motor trade for a number of years and found 2 things
1) any one who knows there cars or driven a Puma always so they are great cars to drive.
2) any car that as the hair dresser label tend to be great cars to drive, MX5, Mk1 TT, boxster to name a few

A hairdressers car was my thought until after I bought mine and drove it home. To say I was pleased with my purchase was an understatement and why I kept it for 4 years.......and should still have it now dammit :cry:

Someone called my RX8 the same only the other day, how little these people know :lol:

Some people might think of it as a hairdressers car but we know Ford were right on it on the chassis front when they launched this car. Personally I love the the styling and it's a great looking car made better by bigger wheels and a smaller gap to the arches.
Barry

i agree with all those that say once you have bin in one you have to have one no matter wot gender you are :p

To be honest, I do think from the looks perspective it does have that "cutesie" petite feminine look as standard. But that's one of the things I like about it. Because as soon as you drive it (like it's meant to be driven) it is a true drivers car and leaves similar cars in the dust performance wise, a true underdog... I think lowering it makes it look much wider, squatted and much less cute and much more rawww ha.

Back