Don't park in my ******* space!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinster

heh

Opposite my work in Belfast is a church and they rent out their car parking spaces on an annual basis, so I have one and they are all numbered.

When I got into work last thursday morning a silver Audi TT was parked in my space. I parked my milly within an inch of the back of the TT, there was no way they were getting out of there in a hurry and headed into work.

Around 4:30pm a lady came over and it was her TT, she realised her predicament and looked quite agitated. We were all in my work watching her between the blinds. I was in no hurry to go out as this happens regularly and it's annoying and people need to learn they can't just park in the spaces.

She became increasingly angry until it one point she was standing in the car park stamping her foot on the ground in anger! It was so funny. Then she was on the mobile phone to whomever and was in and out of her car like a yo yo.

We we're all in stitches. Any hopes she had of getting home early were dashed and I about 3/4 of an hour had passed. As far as I was concerned she could wait there until I was ready to leave work in another half hour or so.

Then her boyfriend or perhaps a work colleague showed up and we watched him walk into my work reception. Moments later my phone rang and the receptionist said there was a guy in reception looking to speak to me, so I headed out and smiled and asked what I could do for him.

To cut a long story short the girl works for the Health Centre and they have a pool of 8 spaces paid for by their employer. It was apparently her first day and she didn't know which spaces were theres so just plonked her car in mine. They were very apologetic so I politely advised her that she should find out which spaces were there's as if she parks in anyone else's space they WILL block her in and she may not be as fortunate as to get out within an hour.

Us ordinary renters of the spaces are sick of the health centre workers taking our spaces, so much so that the church has threatened to throw them all out if they insist on doing it!

Blocking people in who shouldn't be parked in there happens on a regular basis and it's a real source of entertainment as we get to watch what happens through the blinds :)

Sometimes it's fun being evil!

It's better to be calm and do something simple like you did rather than leaving angry notes on windscreen wipers that are simply ignored. :)
They used to do that where I lived - wound me right up. I found blocking them in worked better as they didn't do it again.

:thumbs:

The parking (or lack of) in my road does my head in - what ever time of day I get home I reckon there is only about a 1 in 4 chance of getting a space outside my house. Only option is to leave it down the road out of my view :-(

Hello to all by the way - just joined!

Hi Yeager welcome to the site!

I have that problem around where I live and it is a new development!! You would have thought they would have put more planning into ensuring there is enough parking facilities for everyone down the road bearing in mind that more than half probably have access to more than 1 vehicle.

I'm not so affected by it as I do have a garage and 1 space which adequately accommodates 2 cars and a bike.. but there are lots of places opposite which don't seem to have this luxury or choose to fill their garage with something other than cars.. :)

Thanks for welcome.

Agreed, new developments don't seem much better for parking unless you're in to the price range of big properties with double garages and big drive ways

We've only got room for one car in front of the house. It wasn't so bad when the next door neighbour didn't have her car for some reason, but now she's got it back, so one of us always ends up parking in a bay at the one end of the street or other. It's pretty quiet and out of the way where we are, but it's still not ideal.

Hi yeager, why don't you start a thread in the newbie section and tell us all about yourself. ;) :D

Back