Doors open light remains on all the time

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattraisin

Hi,

On a 2000 Puma, the door open light on the dash remains on all the time. With the lights on and the drivers door open, it alarms, with the passenger door it doesn't but I don't know if it just wouldn't any way (can anyone confirm this). It doesn't alarm when the doors are closed with the lights on so obviously the switch to tell it the drivers door is closed is working, possibly not the passengers.

But I have not a single idea where these switches are, what wire in the loom I need to check and if it is indeed replaceable. Not crucial I know, but it will bug me.

Thanks.

It sounds like its a possible prob with the passenger door but I would also check the bonnet switch which also sets off the door open light.

I don't know if the passenger door should set the lights on buzzer or not but can check later.

The boot also sets the same light off so maybe cleaning the brass contact pad on the boot might help as well as checking the wires to the back of it.

Latest posts

Back