Drive shaft seal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinblueprint

Evening all

...A search of the forum suggests Jacko had an issue on his FRP back in 2008 with this seal, but he didn't mention how he fixed it.

Mine's gone too, and is slowly leaking fluid. My Dad reckons it could have been damaged while the clutch was being replaced.

Anyway, does anyone know the part number for the seal? Maybe it's cheap enough just to get it from Ford. Is it an easy job to replace?

Thanks.
Martin

dont go to ford! any good bearings / seals place have them for £1 each! and you want one thats a few mm smaller really for a good seal. il dig one out and get the part no off it, if i forget then pm me!

internal is smaller...tighter seal, outside stays same....

righty it is a...
TTO E570 2 TC 38 55 7

i think the std ford ones are 40 55 7

literally take that code to any seals / bearings place (yellow pages) and itl cost you a quid or 2

A seals company sent me this link for the part number.
http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/advanced_search_result.php?sort=2a&search_in_description=0&keywords=38x55x7&x=0&y=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are these different, or should I just choose any? They appear to be pretty much the same. :s

Back