DVD burnt on Apple Mac

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blue

Does anyone know if there is any downloadable software for Windows that will open a DVD of jpegs that was burnt on Apple Mac, or is my only choice to find a friend who uses one?

Depends what format they burned the disc in - hopefully it's HFS which means you can just download a driver:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1368010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No joy - still never mind, it was worth a try. I'll find someone who uses Apple. The pics were taken in Mexico and burnt onto dvd there.

When you open the DVD do you see a bunch of files? If you do send me an email (aaronpb (@) hotmail.co.uk) with one of the photos and ill try and sort out what you need to do.

No - my laptop reads the disc as empty. I thought it hadn't been burned properly but I was told it was burned on one computer and then checked on another and the photos were there.

ahhh, I see. On a Mac you make a burn folder and drag the files you want on be disc. Sometimes it just adds the the files as shortcuts and no real information was burnt.

It may also have hidden files where you would need to allow hidden files to be seen in windows.

Now I can see what is there! Not a lot - it tells me there are files waiting to be written to disk and I am picking up this if I click on it

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21815

Indeed. I cannot see though how it could be burnt on one machine and then checked on another and the photos were there ... the mind boggles. Oh well, I'll get my son to contact the hotel who took them and see if they can replace the disk for him.

Many thanks Aaron and Rob for your help - have a great 2013 x

Latest posts

Back