ECU Problem...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyb

Hi All... It Seems my ECU has been damaged by a short in the coil block..??
Any help would be muchly appreciated...

How can you tell? What are the simptoms? Have you changed the coil pack? Failed coil pack would cause a light on your dashboard to light up, but after change it should go out...

I don't know for sure....
I have replaced the coil pack, plugs and leads..
Engine management light still flashes when I start it..
It was put on computer and said it was mis firing on 1 and 4..

If I understood correctly, that means cylinders in their firing order. That would mean cylinder one and two (as they are the first and the last one in the firing order).
Some people had similar problems when the rocker cover gasket was leaking and the oil was shortcircuiting the plugs? Everything in order and dry down there?

Sorry misfire on 1 and 4 is actually relating to the cylinders inline and not firing order,as that would be very confusing when trying to pinpoint a misfire on bigger engines like a v6/8/10/12
Example p0300 random misfire
P0301 misfire cylinder 1
P0302 misfire cylinder 2
P0303 misfire cylinder 3
P0304 misfire cylinder 4
P0305 misfire cylinder 5
Po306 misfire cylinder 6

So for a vauxhall v6 firing order is 1 6 5 4 3 2
This is why the code relates to each cylinder as different manufactures can use different firing orders....

Sorry, I'm not very mechanically minded so explaining it in simple terms would be helpful..!!

You have a misfire on cylinders 1 and 4,you need to get live data done and see what is actually happening with in the engine.

evilrob said:
Wild E. Coyote said:
What are the simptoms?
They're an American cartoon family, who live in Springfield.

burns-excellent.gif

Back