Electric front seat height adjustment?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rynrack

So we have 4 pumas at the moment, 1998 1.4, 2X1999 1.7 and a 2002 Thunder. I know that there were several added options some cars have and some don't and there was face lifts and slight changes throughout the production to the interior. But on the 1998 1.4 the drivers seat has a electric height adjustment rather than the others including the thunder which all have pump handles. Does anyone have any information as to why this is? All other pumas I've been around or in have not got the electric seat. Does anyone else have this at all? There is a cable that goes underneath the seat on all of ours that I wondered was a fitting for it? Any information would be great!
Cheers

Early cars have the electric rise on the drivers seat later cars do not. The wiring under your later cars seats is probably the pretensioner wiring.
Millenniums also have electric rise on the drivers seat.

I have just picked up an R reg which has the electric seat.

As I dimantle it I want to suss this out because the seat itself is much better than the later version
(sculpted base and larger bolsters)

I suspect that the wiring will be absent on digi dash models but they may be there on the later mechanical dash models.

Cheers for the info! Have to say I would have thought it would have been included on the thunder considering its a bit of an upgrade on a pump handle.. I thought the thunder was supposed to be the best of the lot! Ours definitely is, just without an electric seat!

Back