Electric mirror conversion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I have been on a search for mirror replacements but so far I found a guy that's local to me selling a set of electric mirrors. But my car come with manual mirrors from the factory and I have been considering converting my manual mirrors to electric ones as the manual ones are broken. What other parts will I need to buy to convert my mirrors to electric ones. So far my theory is possibly the wiring loom, the mirrors adjustment panel for the door card and a plastic panel that's near the window where the manual mirror adjustments sit. If there's a thread with a guide on how to do that I would also appreciate a link 😆.

I changed the mirrors on my Red Puma to electric ones, all the wiring was there already, just needed the switch and its mounting piece, I just changed the door card as I had another Puma Thunder that I was going to sell.
I may have the parts you need if you can't get them easily, I can check after Christmas.

I changed the mirrors on my Red Puma to electric ones, all the wiring was there already, just needed the switch and its mounting piece, I just changed the door card as I had another Puma Thunder that I was going to sell.
I may have the parts you need if you can't get them easily, I can check after Christmas.
Do you have a picture of the wires or a diagram so I have a better idea of what it look like in my door card? Also I'm surprised even pumas with manual mirrors come with the wiring for electric mirrors.

Do you have a picture of the wires or a diagram so I have a better idea of what it look like in my door card? Also I'm surprised even pumas with manual mirrors come with the wiring for electric mirrors.
If you take the drivers door card off, you should find the 3 connectors, 2 are already used for the window switches and the other one is for the control switch for the electric mirrors.
There is a lot of information on this forum, but I find the search function not that good, but a quick Google search finds it easily. Suggest that you have a look at the "How to guides", there is a lot of useful information.
A quick Google search for Puma 1.7 electric mirrors upgrade found this,
https://www.projectpuma.com/threads/manual-to-electric-wing-mirror.24254/

Back