Electrical issue? Heater, Windows and Indicators not working

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonestarAutoDesign

My heater, electric windows, indicators and along with that the rear window exploded (shattered/popped). Must be an electrical problem, but I am no electrician. Any ideas? Its a standard Puma 51 plate. Cheers

Don't think I can help much but to clarify, did the rear window shatter/pop due to an electrical problem... as far as you're aware?

Yes, the rear window didn't heat up on the way to work (the other things failed yesterday and still dont work), and when I arrived at work I switched the rear heater switch off and it popped and 'exploded' the window.

Blimey, that's mad!

Like I said, I can't really help much but a little research found this from a website....

From some other website said:
"got off the phone with a local auto glass shop. The tech I talked to said that there is two main reasons why glass explodes/shatter. One: The glass was installed wrong and is under pressure and after a while it can't take the pressure any more and just shatters. Two: There is a deffect in the make-up/composition of the glass. Glass is normally non-conductive to electrical current, but if the composition of the glass is not exact, then it can be conductive and allow an electrical current to pass through it, which makes the glass heat up and "pop", it explodes."

Interesting.

I suppose though that for the age of the car, and the fact that it happened when I turned the heat switch off that it cannot necessarily be a glass defect.

It's strange. Especially with all the other things going too.

Latest posts

Back