Engine conversion wiring

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peppyuk

I have a 1.4 puma, which is the later model with digital dash etc. Engine is on it's way out so I have a 1.7 lump to fit. Now, the 1.7 is from an earlier car and I have the engine loom, dash loom, early clocks, keys, light/IR reciever and other modules from behind the dash. So I think I've got everything I need but would prefer to keep the digital clocks and 3 button remote key.
Is it possible to graft the 1.7 and 1.4 looms together to keep the later interior and use the 1.7 engine and ECU?

TIA :)

the 1.4 and 1.7 looms are different, and wont work together. i'm afraid.

same goes for the early and late cars. (analoug/digital) they wobnt work together either.

your best option is to get the loom from a never 1.7 (digital dash) as it's not just the dash that's different, there are several otther modules that are different as well, the later cars have a GEM wich is what makes the 3 button key work, the earlyer cars don't have this.

the older, airbag odules are also different from the newer once.

it's ofcours posible to figgure out a way to splice all this togehter, but that wil take a lott of effort and time. and my gues is it would be easyer (and heeper) to just get a 1.7 :)

Latest posts

Back