Engine Issues :(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordyBoy

I will appoligies now for the long post, ive ha a few issues with the car recently so i wanted to give as much imformation as i could.....

I really have not had a good week with my Puma this week, got bck from a holiday at the weekend, found out just before i went away that my rear brake shoes were shot to hell, really couldnt be arsed with it the day before going away, so left it till i came home, ordered my brake pads the other day after some speedy advice on this forum :eek:k: hadnt touched my car since getting back as didnt want to drive it with the brakes like that.

tuesday evening i went out to start her up let her run for a while and what not, only to find the battery had gone flat, no big deal, got the jump leads out, started her up fine no issues. bit the bullet and took her a drive just to give her a good run, and also mainly because i couldnt resist :p drove for a good half hour, she felt horrible and didn sound right, so when i got home i left her running opened bonnet, all sounded good, checked exhaust, really didnt sound right, so turned her off, let the exhaust cool for a while then had a look to find that my exhaust bracket had completely snapped, and the rubber mount towards the front section was hanging down, had somehow come loose from the underside of the car. Then i also found a rather large split just before the back box.

went to start the car back up, battery dead again, somthing cant be right? Jump started once again left to run, switched the ignition off, waited around 5 seconds and went to fire her up aain, nope, not even an attempt to fire up, just ticking. so now a new battery is on the cards, and possibly an alternator.

i got home today, made myself a new bracket up at work for my exhaust, had the jum,p leads ready to get her over to the workshop to get welding the exhaust, quick check the dash to see if the battery light is still on (wishfull thinking i know), just to make my week even worse, along with the battery light, My Engine oil pessure light has come on :-( after a quick flick through the manual it said to stop driving immediately, and check oil pressure, on the dipstick it read just above the minimum, so toppped her up, and still have the light on.

does anyone have any idea what this could be or where to start about solving the problem?

Is the oil pressure light on after you started the engine? It's quite normal for the oil pressure light to be on when the engine isn't running I think.

Maybe wait for others as I'm not completely sure here.

ive just got off the phone to my mate whos workshop i was heading to weld up my exaust, hes a Ford mechanic and knows fords engines like the back of his hand, He suggested to jump her again, let her idle for a good 20-30 seconds, then give it a blip to around 2500-3000rpm, gunna go give it a whirl now! if not then shes getting towed to the workshop to check over the engine :/

thanksfor the help!

Try an ECU reset maybe now the car has more oil in it will go away

And give the old girl some loving she sounds neglected :thumbs:

followed the advice given on here, and the oil pressure light remained on, got her to the workshop last night to find out the oil pump was knackered :/

got on the phone this morning to Car Parts and Accesories, fortunately they had what i needed in stock, so picked them up at lunch time today, popped home quickly and my brake pads have turned up, so its off to the workshop tonight to get them all fitted.

Got the exhaust all sorted last night, new bracket was made and welded into place so no more rattly exhaust :)

New battery and alternator will be fitted on Saturday all ready for Brighton cruise saturday night :)

Thanks for the help and advice guys, much appreciated!

Back