Engine management light - help please, worried Mother

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badger_

Posting this on behalf of my Mum...

The other week the engine management light came on her Puma after about 10 mins of driving, then on constantly (not flashing). On Friday she had both lambda sensors replaced, light went off until today. We'd been out for the day, coming back home again after about 10 mins the light has come back on. Done about 100 miles since the sensors were replaced.

Apart from that the light being on, the car seems fine.

What other things could it be? I feel bad, I told her the Puma would be a better car than her Punto, and she's a worrier so I'm trying to reassure her :?

the engine light can come on for 100 reasons most of them your really dont need to worry about if the cars running fine then just pop back to the garage that replaced the sensors they should scan it for free :eek:k:

I don't think owts coming up on diagnostics :| I'll double check with her though, she'll probably ask what diagnostics are though :lol:

I've told her not to worry too much but she keeps saying "what if something goes wrong, but I don't know because the light is on anyway"...

Disconnect battery for half an hour (make sure you have radio code first), reconnect battery, EML light should be out, start car and let it idle for 5-10 minutes, then go for a drive, driving as normal, to 'adapt' ECU to your style of driving.

Light comes on because of a 'bad' signal from a sensor somewhere - mine comes on because the rear sensor on the cat does not like my Milltek, but as above it should leave a reading, better to get a better diagnostic check, as digital dash 'unlocking' will sometimes show no codes or spurious codes that mean nothing

Back