Engine mounts?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulous

Hi,

I'm trying to fit an OMP lower strut brace (or rather my local garage are) but it's catching on the gearbox side. Previous posts on here suggest worn engine mounts as the most likely cause. I think mine are original mounts so quite likely to be the cause. My local garage say they are unable to source the engine mounts (tried all their usual suppliers including Ford) so I've done a quick search on eBay and it looks like there's various after-market mounts available.

Any advice on the best ones to get? Or has anyone got any new / unused or even uprated ones they want to sell?? Also any alternative options for fitting the lower brace?? It seems to make sense that new engine mounts should raise the engine just enough to clear the brace... I hope!

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks, that's great. Both of those appear on eBay at reasonable prices. Can I just check though, is the transmission mount definitely the correct one? Some of the descriptions on eBay refer to it as a right mount and others left. My car is a 2001 UK 1.7 standard right hand drive Puma... so need to make sure I get the correct ones.

Do you also know the equivalent part number for the 3rd mount (rear dogbone?) - I might replace all three.

They are the 2 parts listed on the Febi website, for my RHD Thunder 1.7, built December 2001.
They don't list a Engine-/Transmission Mount, which is the "dogbone", for the 1.7.

Thanks, that's a really useful and interesting website... seems febi bilstein supply lots of Ford parts. Thanks again, I'm gonna go with the two engine mounts.

Latest posts

Back