engine turns over but wont fire

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slayllian

I recently removed the fuel rank and filter to clean up and paint. but now everthing is refitted tje engine wont fire just tirns over on starter. I have been doing this for quater odlf an hour but still wont fire. when I swotch off ignition tjere is a slight gurgling from tje engonw for a few seconds and when I chwcked the fuel filter it was only half full. has the pump got clogged or something I can jear it priming. many thanls for any advice in advance.

Have you fitted the fuel filter the correct way round?

did you connect the pipe to the evap filter system thingy jig ma bob?

thanks quest checked both. completely stumped thefuels not reachimg the engine for some reason just cant figure it out

checked that as well im wondering if some craps got in spmewhere. thanks for the advice will double check in morn bit button was in

if you turn just the ignition on without starting, leave it on for a few seconds, then repeat a few times, it may be that the system hasn't primed properly

Did you disconnect the pipes from the pump? maybe you connected them the wrong way round?

I know its too obvious but did you drain the tank to remove it and maybe didnt put the fuel back?

Maybe pop of the petrol cap and pop it back on see if that helps

hi guys thanks for all advice had a look this morning and the fuel pump appears to not be priming so better get saving for a new pump lol!

If its not he fuse as martin suggests wouldnt it more likely be disturbing the wiring has caused a wiring problem rather than the pump failing just because you took the tank off?

or maybe you got paint on the electrical connector?

Back