Exhaust manifold

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melly-g

Are the exhaust manifolds the same for a 1.6 and the 1.7?
What I mean is can you put a manifold for the 1.6 on a 1.7 are the fixings, spacings and sizes the same?

This doesn't answer your question specifically but they look exactly the same between 1.4 and 1.7, and as the 1.6 was just a bored 1.4 i would bet on them all being interchangable.

Yes it will physically fit but the 1.7 exhaust manifold is a different Finis number meaning ford have a difference of some sort. Maybe a larger capacity aloowing less back pressure.

The 1.7 and 1.6 have different exhaust gaskets as well.

As much as I can remember a genuine exhaust manifold gasket for a 1.7 is double skinned and a 1.6 is single skinned. Maybe someone can clarify that.

Cheers

Ally

Do you need or want one or do you already have one? Because I may have one for sale soon if the price is right.

That sounds interesting!
I was looking at getting a sportex decat manifold, but couldn't find one on eBay for the 1.7! Only 1.4 and 1.6.
What sort of manifold are you thinking of selling?

Piper manifold for 1.7 Puma. Also have the engine and gearbox up for sale too, low mileage engine 66k ish miles. Let me know if you are interested in anything.

Does that manifold join up to the standard system with the 2 bolt flange?
And how much are looking to get for it?

IIRC, the manifold is ever so slightly longer than the standard one so exhaust system from cat back will need to be cut and shortened. This also, does not come with flexi pipe or a cat, just so you are aware.

Am looking for around the £250 mark for it as paid more than £300 for it and only saw around 2,000 miles on my car.

Cheers for the offer mate, I'll keep that in mind.
I'll check with my mates who share the car on track to see what they think.

Hi mate sorry to take so long to get back, we have got a sportex manifold.
But thanks for the offer.

Back