F1 on Sky

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YOG

For those of you that haven’t tagged the page yet:

Sky Sports F1 HD on channel 408
Sky Sports F1 on channel 459

Running programmes now, looks like they are repeating a lot, but some future highlights:
Friday 9th
08.00pm - The F1 Show – 2012 Preview
Martin Brundle and Damon Hill join Simon Lazenby and the entire Sky Sports F1 team to preview the upcoming 2012 season.
Saturday 10th
12.00pm - F 1 Season Review 1988:
Relive the 1988 F1 season. The introduction of Dallara, Rial and EuroBrun took the number of competing teams to 31. Ayrton Senna would land his first world title.
4.00pm - Relive the 1989 F1 season.
Turbocharged engines were banned following the 1988 season, making the battle for the drivers’ and constructors’ titles far more competitive.
Sunday 11th
12.00pm - F 1 Season Review 1990:
A look back on the 1990 F1 season. Ayrton Senna landed the second world championship of his career, while McLaren-Honda claimed the constructors’ title.
4.00pm - F 1 Season Review 1991:
A look back on the 1991 F1 season. Ayrton Senna made F1 history, becoming the youngest driver to win three world championships.
Friday 16th
01.00am - Australian GP Practice.
Sunday 18th
04.30am - Australian GP.

I imagine there will be qualifying shown on Saturday 17th, but nothing listed yet.

do you have a BBC listing, as I'm not getting the sky upgrade to watch some boring races lol

The BTCC on ITV4 is much more fun :)

hehe....

I'm getting a new HD tv weekend, as stacey gets a 10% at argos, and I have #160 of nectar points to spend, about time as still got a CRT tv lol, and we got digital switch over this month...

So I thought I;d upgrade my Sky, without sports to HD, and get a sky+ box from them...

I'm not interested in sports channels, so pursumed wouldn;t be able to watch F1 on sky... However its part of of the HD package

Get in!

Sky Sports F1™ HD - a brand new channel dedicated to Formula 1™

Added automatically to any Sky TV package with Sky Sports 1 & 2 or the HD Pack, at no extra cost

The new home of Formula 1™ will take you under the skin of the sport with a depth of coverage never offered before with:
Every race live - on our dedicated Sky Sports F1™ channel
No ad breaks - uninterrupted live race and qualifying coverage
F1™ on the move with Sky Go - the award winning Sky Go app on your iPad, iPhone or laptop
Expert commentators and pundits - including Martin Brundle, David Croft and Ted Kravitiz
In depth programme and analysis - from unmissable interviews to archive action and weekly magazine shows

it was good coverage the martin brundle driving a ferrari was good, and we now dont have to put up with eddie jordan, brundle and hill are much better, but omg crofty the comentater is crap at picking up whose who, he really doesnt have a clue, brundle is much better as lead commentater, anthony davidson along side him would of been a much better choice.

all in all i reckon...could do better, but sky is the king of sports, football/rugby/golf whatever so im sure they'll get there, i for one wont mind paying for sky plus HD to get the F1 channel.

I not seen the Sky coverage yet, brundle played it well, getting the sky gig after all his moaning about the BBC loosing some f the races to Sky.

Did anyone watch both Sky & BBC to compare coverage, I just watched the BBC today, as don't get Sky HD until Wednesday

I watched both. BBC is far and away better quality presenting but now the best people are split between BBC and Sky. No-one can hold a candle to Jake IMO despite him coming into it ignorant of F1 almost entirely. I think he tales his job very seriously and did a lot of research so now he has caught up as much as a fan. I thought Sky had the commentator from 5 live who I liked the one race I listened to on the radio, but after last Sunday the new BBC commentator was much better, very excitable! It is possible I have mixed this up though as my memory isn't very good! The whole sky team look uncomfortable IMO and that stupid bint does my head in with her fashionista hairstyle (I know I shouldn't let this get to me but it does!).

I HATE this, I hate it, hate it, hate it!

I now have Sky HD, so i;ll see what i think on sunday, but will miss most of it, as leaving about 8am!

Back