Finally Sorted The Major Problem Out!!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordPuma_Shearer

Today i finally had my car fixed after months of unhappy poor performance driving. For ages now i have been posting questions on here and been researching potential problems, but to no avail,

But now i finally found out why!!!

MY AFTERMARKET CAT BACK EXHAUST!!!

I took it into my local kwik-fit, which i wouldnt normally do, they were very impressive.

I told them i wanted the original exhaust from them to be put back on, they did a check first to see what exhaust i had on and where it was fitted, as i werent sure if it wa just cat back... luckily it was.

The aftermarket exhaust was horrendous, there was hardly any back pressure and the exhaust looked like someone had made it in there garage, someone had made the middle section out of allsorts, there was welding every couple of inches as it bent around the mid-section.

So now i have an original one back on now, which is really quiet thank god... all in all cost me £188 which isnt to bad considering!!!

So performance restored and at last fun has been resumed!!!

Thanks for the comments, it was starting to pee me off, all these great stories i read about owners and there puma's and heres me with one thats been looked after yet had the performance of a 1.0 litre 12v.

All i've got to sort now is water ingress in my passenger footwell, andyone know where its coming in from!!!

More then likely the grommit in engine bay, Its at the side of the pollen filter behind fuse box

yay. Interesting that 'just' a cat back can affect the car so much! I guess it shows why you should get a well known make thats been made specifically for the car (milltek, piper ect etc)

I've booked it in at my local garage for the 4th june... they are also doing my drivers door... doesnt open fully so my door strap is being fixed!!!

BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

Back