First time puma owner, 2002 silver 1700 in the london area

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgekaritzis

Hello to you guys, So my first Puma, 29000 miles still on original tyres with no rust anywhere, Just did the cam belt & water pump and had a good look underneath while the car was on the ramp everything looks so good . The car spent 5 yrs off the road [ issues with owner not car ] and all MOTs seem to confirm milage is true. The only issue i have is with the harsh ride probably caused by the tyres which although have plenty of tread left are 13 yrs old ,

Nice find and welcome along :thumbs:

13 year old rubber would be well by it's best. Get some new tyres on and I bet it feels completely different. Perhaps check the suspension rubber bushes too as they'll deteriorate over time as well.

Well done on getting the car it looks a real steel especially with no rust and only 29000 miles it just shows you there are still quite a few low mileage pumas out there!

Thanks for all the welcomes, It is completely standard at the mo , will get new tyres and take it from there,

Back