Fitting a 'beeper' to the central locking

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom B

Just a little annoying thing with the puma that it dosent make a sound when you lock/unlock it. I know if you click it twice you get a flash, but its still not great, and it has to be deadlocked.

Is there anyway i could fit a 'beeper' to the alarm output so when it locks the doors it also sounds the beeper?

Anyone done this or reckon it would be possible? Please speak up! :D

I am one of the many that has never got around to doing this :lol:

Technically its quite easy, Just need a relay triggered by the live indicator wire coming from the alarm module that in tern will switch a 12v beeper.

And as the indicators flash twice when deadlocked you will get two beeps :)

Just need to actually get around to finding the right wire!

i just got a cheep car alarms and it work gr8 it lock ur car when ur driving as well here the link
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Paul/Desktop/LATEST%20MODEL%20CAR%20ALARM%20WITH%20IMMOBILSER%20AND%20CENTRAL%20LOCKING%20Latest%20car%20alarm%20[YD168A]%20-%20%C2%A332.95%20%20%20Car%20alarms%20%20%20Remote%20Central%20locking%20Kits%20%20%20Parking%20Sensors%20%20%20HID%20Xenon%20Kits.htm

The link doesn't 'click' and refers to something on your PC which I don't think we will be able to access.

I've fitted a car alarm in the past and it was disasterous, and since mine already has one it seems stupid, all i want is it to beep when i've locked it lol.

yes i did did not take me long to fit it but it did not work at 1st as you have to change the set up but when i work that out
it was gr8 it only £30.00 the one i got and has so way u can have it
i.e it lock the door when your driving and it self lock
and it go's beep beep you but a upgrade to shut your windows what is cook :)

eh? Im not after fitting a new alarm system although i know its an option ive done it in the past and cant be bothered with it again. I only want it to beep when i lock it, shouldn't be that hard to work out so i'll have a look when i get time :)

Sorry to drag this up.... has anyone actually done this...???

I have bought a small 'beeper' and have been trying to add this into the 'dead-locking' circuit to give me two beeps when the indicators flash.

I have located the two flasher relays. I also have a wiring diagram:
AntiTheft.jpg

Now, looking at the diagram, all wires going in to the relays from the top are live.
The blue and blue/red wires go to the indicator circuit(s): Front headlights, rear clusters and sides.
The orange/white looks like a main supply to the central locking module.
So, that leaves a black/red wire: I have located two of these. One is not live at any time during dead-locking (before, during or after) and the other is permenantly live.

I have connected my buzzer to the back of the relays and all connections are live except for the blue and blue/red. These two wires become live along with the 'two flashes' of the indicators. The problem with these wires, is they are also live when either the hazards are on, or normal indicators.

Any help.... I'm confused! :cry:

Hopefully, I've just had a small brain wave....! :roll:

The beeper could be connected to the indicator circuit side of the relays, but place a diode in the circuit to stop the current travelling up to the relay when the normal indictors or hazards are on.
So, theoretically, the buzzer will beep when the relay activates on dead-lock but won't beep when the indicators/hazards are on as the current is blocked from travelling back by the diode.......

I think I will give it a try.... only one way to find out!!

DONE!! :thumbs:

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/boltfromtheblue/Only%20Me/Other/?action=view&current=02112011010.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

topmansparkie said:
DONE!! :thumbs:

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/boltfromtheblue/Only%20Me/Other/?action=view&current=02112011010.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone wants to know how I did this, I have added it to my Project thread....

:grin: Cool just got sound to watch it. Good work :D I guess you can get the beeper in any tone you like too?

red said:
:grin: Cool just got sound to watch it. Good work :D I guess you can get the beeper in any tone you like too?
I have actually got two beepers connected. They only pull a few milliamps each, but their sound/tone is pre-set. Whether they are available with adjustable tone.... I have no idea!

Latest posts

Back