FITTING A FRP GEARBOX ON A STANDARD 1.7 PUMA.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burger Boy

Hello Everyone,

My clutch is starting to slip :-( , so now is the time to fit the FRP gearbox I bought off FlashB,

Can anyone suggest the best clutch to fit in the FRP gearbox? my car is used for road use and trackdays so I want the best of both worlds?

Has anyone on here fitted the FRP gearbox to their standard 1.7, if so how have you found it and what clutch did you fit? Also was it a straight forward job? or is some tweeking need?

I have heard the 5th gear is difference after the new FRP gearbox is fitted, is this true?

Thanks for all your help,

All the best,
Scott.

The 5th gear is shorter so you will have a lower top speed but will accelarate harder in 5th.

oh and fit the fiesta st150 clutch if your budget reaches.

Stick with the release bearing that came fitted to the 'box, the Fiesta one won't connect to the pipework IIRC.

Cheers Many Thanks, just looking for a good price on the ST150 Clutch.
How much did you pay? Have you fitted the ST150 Clutch on your FRP?

Flash many thanks for the link on Puma People, the guide is quality.

Just found the ST150 Genuine Ford Part Clutch Kit (Part No.1422336) for £104.12 + VAT

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/fiesta_st150_clutch_kit_2000.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

make sure that is the correct one mate, they are alot more than that! I got mine for 200 quid but that was eldoods spare one with a discount.

I have a new st clutch, frp gearbox and old skool metal release beering in at the mo. will be taking the gearbox out again in spring to fit my new LSD frp gearbox :)

Phoned Ringways Ford Garage at Doncaster this morning - Parts department, on a 3-4 day order Genuine ST150 clutch Part No.1422336 are now £100 +vat special offer.
Happy Days !!!!!
Surely from a Ford dealer it must the right one? Told them the part no. 1422336? and he confirmed its the ST150 clutch?
Many Thanks
Cheers
Scott

up to yourself mate. depends if you want to make a quick buck in afew months, lol

IIRC, Finis 1422336 is a Fiesta ST150 remanufactured exchange clutch repair kit, whereas Finis 1358100 is a new one. Last new price I saw was £217.13 inc VAT.

ah rite that will be it then, thats why you found it so cheap. Make sure you get a new new one mate

does that mean the 1422336 is basically a re-conditioned part? Or a kit so that you can re-con your existing ST150 clutch?

the st clutch is awesome, to be honest ive no idea what the ap racing one is like. so cant compare it, sorry

Will stick with the ST150 clutch, just a bit of a downer when on cost, but in the long run it will be better?

Back