Fitting a RAMAIR Filter **HELP** Fri 01/11/13

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxSparta

Soooo, This little fella landed on my doorstep this morning

2013-10-30220708_zps703e07d8.jpg

Plan on installing her on Friday assuming it doesnt get all tropical again.

Any tricks or tips I should be aware of while fitting it? Im assuming I just use the existing pipe to the throttle body? Its come with photo instructions but they are so small I can barely make the engine bay out lol

===========================================
****EDIT****

OK, How on earth do you detach the airbox base from the stock cold air feed that goes into the wing. There doesnt appear to be enough play to detach them

Yeah has come with various clamps and brackets as well as a small flexi pipe for the cold air

Don't be fooled into thinking the flexi pipe will do anything, air takes the path of least resistance, and I can assure you a small piece of piping isn't it.

clamp it to the maf and leave the bottom part of the std air box in or it will get dirty really quick,to support the pipe and filter i used a metal bracket from the maf to the battery box.hope this helps

OK, How on earth do you detach the airbox base from the stock cold air feed that goes into the wing. There doesnt appear to be enough play to detach them

Welp i gave up trying to remove the box. However Ive managed to mount it effectively using cable ties and some sticky pads to take out the vibrations. She sounds awesome under load now :D

Any pics.When I do my cone filter im gonna take the complete air box out cause tbh I think it looks gash with the cone filter just sat in the bottom part ofthe air box.I will make a dirt shield for mine and put a good cold air feed to it.

yeah it does look a bit rubbish with the bottom left in but does stop the dirt,i didn't suggest anything as i didn't think the op would be up for making a shield,this is the one i made but i have seen a few people make them out of a couple of oven foil baking dishes a bit blue peter but seen a few that don't look to bad :)

I've got a Ram Air filter on mine. Not the best pic but I've removed the box completely & just fitted a flexi pipe from the lower grill & not had any problems! :grin:

Ram Air filter with Roose induction pipe
646e810f434ec7ee0921adcf1b6628a4.jpg

Cold air feed via trumpet in lower grill
6732a7536339d0ddeffe825730ee7e77.jpg

is your car a daily drive? has it done a winter yet? when i had mine like yours bigal my filter was a wreck in just a month,then after 3 months it went rusty so it got binned and i made a guard.

madhillbilly17 said:
is your car a daily drive? has it done a winter yet? when i had mine like yours bigal my filter was a wreck in just a month,then after 3 months it went rusty so it got binned and i made a guard.

No mate, it's not my daily drive so it doesn't get used that often to be honest! I did buy a guard, more to protect it from engine heat, but i'll need to bodge it to get it to fit.

Although I have got a similar setup on my Mondeo (although the layout is different!) & touch wood, I haven't had any issues so far & that has done a LOT of miles! :grin:

Back